Mental wellness a concern that all Canadians face. According to the CMHA, 1 in 5 Canadians will personally experience a mental health problem or illness in any given year. And for many Canadians—particularly those who live in small communities or remote areas—treatment can seem to be a major hassle, if not an impossibility. Which is why we’re proud to offer Remote Therapy, allowing us to offer mental wellness support to clients anywhere in Ontario, from the comfort of their own homes.
The Benefits of Remote Therapy
Remote therapeutic treatment has proven to be just as effective as in-person sessions in non-crisis situations, while providing a greater level of confidentiality and convenience. The benefits are straightforward: Through remote therapy, you can receive the mental wellness support you need, from the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Who is Remote Therapy For?
There are a number of cases where video therapy may be the best option:
- If you are in a remote community with no convenient access to a therapist’s office
- If you have a busy schedule due to work, travel, or child care
- If you are unable to make regular office appointments due to illness or weather
- If you need access to a session during irregular hours
- If you don’t have access to reliable transportation
- If you are more comfortable communicating through a device than speaking face-to-face
- If you are afraid of being seen walking into a therapist’s office
If you think Remote Therapy is right for you, please feel free to get in touch to book your first session.
About Our Remote Therapy Platform
We currently use the online video therapy platform OnCall, which was designed specifically for confidential healthcare-related video sessions. The service uses top-of-the-line encryption security to ensure that your sessions are completely confidential, and offers an interface that is very easy to use.
To learn more about remote therapy, or to book an appointment, please feel free to contact us today.
If you have an appointment and are looking for the OnCall login, click here.